Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Travel Tuesday: Yellowstone National Park

In September 2012, we traveled to Bozeman, Montana for a family wedding. Since we were making the trip we decided to spend a few extra days in town checking out some of the local sites. One of those days we took a drive out to Yellowstone National Park. Had it not been for this trip I don't know that I would have made a point of visiting this national treasure, but I'm glad I did.

The park is huge and we only saw a small portion of it in one day. We spent most of our time checking out the many geysers including Old Faithful. I was hoping to see some of the wildlife, but unfortunately we didn't spot much until we were making our final drive out of the park at the end of the day.  And that was only from a distance.

When we arrived in the park, our first stop was to visit the Old Faithful Geyser. It is aptly named as it erupts on a regular basis. We had about an hour until the next eruption so we followed the boardwalk path behind the geyser to explore the hot springs.  
 




We made it back around to witness Old Faithful in action.

Old Faithful Geyser

Next, we drove to another geyser. We waited for over an hour and never did see anything other than some smoke and gurgling. Since this geyser was less popular and less predictable there were few tourists and it was quite peaceful to take in the atmosphere. 





As our last stop on our way out of the park we hiked around some formations.  



Have you visited Yellowstone National Park? What was your favorite experience? 





Travel Tuesday


4 comments:

  1. Yellowstone is one of those places that I have dreamt of visiting for a really, really long time! I hope I can make a visit there possible one day soon - I would love to travel to the States again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I never thought about visiting there at all, but now that I've seen it I'd like to spend more time in the parks. I hope you get the opportunity soon!

      Delete
  2. I would love to see that place with my kids...what an amazing site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great place for a family vacation!

      Delete